Digital marketing is making use of online channels including the search engine, social media and email, websites and mobile apps to promote a particular product or service. The aim of digital marketing is to connect and interact with a certain group of people and eventually drive the customer to act, for example, buying a product or enrolling in services.
Digital marketing is a mix of strategies and tactics such as:
- SEO or Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing the structure and content to improve its position on search engine results pages.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is the method of placing advertisements on social media platforms, or on other websites and then paying for every click the ad gets.
- Social media marketing: using social networks to market products or services and connect with customers.
- Content marketing is about creating and sharing relevant pertinent content like blogs, video posts and infographics to attract and keep a certain target audience.
- Marketing via email – sending out promotional emails to customers or subscribers to keep them interested and up-to-date.
- Mobile marketing – advertising services or products using mobile devices like tablets and smartphones.
Digital marketing is continuously changing, and businesses must be aware of the latest trends and the best methods to stay competitive in their respective fields.